1. The Demo tab contains subscription type, background, and party’s involved. Next to the Demo tab is the Messages tab. Create a new message in the Messages tab for Party 1 by selecting the "New Message" button. Select the appropriate “Category” in the dropdown and provide a brief description of the intended message in the box below “Subject”. Type your message body in the “Message” block, then click the “Submit” button. Note that there is an option Web and File link below the “Messages” block. Both links are attached to the message and sent to Party 2.
2. In a live monitored account, failure to follow the Civil Communicator Communication Guidelines could result in rejection or revision by the Review Specialist. Please see Communication Guidelines Link next to the Demo Instructions Link.
3. After a new message has been submitted by party 1, the next step is to review the message. Our demo will allow you to step into the shoes of a Civil Communicator Review Specialist to experience that side of our processing. Review the message by going to the "Review Q" - See Review Q instructions below.
1. Under ‘Review Q’ check out a message by clicking “Select” for the message that’s pending review. Then, click the ‘Submit” button again- the reason for this is because there may be multiple Review Specialists reviewing accounts at once.
2. Review the details about the message that you are reviewing. You will see “Account Details”, “Notes”, and “My Review”. The pending review will be under “My Review”. Read the Submitted text and choose the appropriate action (Accepted, Revised or Rejected). The "Notes" button is only for Civil Communicator Review Specialists to view and add to. It contains internal account notes that are beneficial to the reviewing process.
3. If the message is Accepted or Revised by the Review Specialist it will be sent to Party 2. If the message is Rejected, it will be sent back to Party 1 to be rewritten and resubmitted to the Review Specialist. The intended recipient will never be informed that a message was rejected or revised, only the author of the message will be.
[Here you can return to Party 1 or Party 2 to see the differences in what they will see based on whether the message was accepted, revised, or rejected.]
Professional / Decision Maker Comments
1. Once a conversation has begun, the professional/decision maker has the ability to comment on any messages. Under the Professional tab click Select to view the ongoing conversation thread between Party 1 and Party 2. If a conversation is underway, there will be an orange icon under Comment/Question. Any comments made by the professional/decision maker will be seen by both clients.
2. The professional/decision maker can view any conversation thread between their clients, and leave multiple comments that are instantaneously seen by their clients. These comments do not go through the review process.
Continuing the Conversation
1. Once the new message has been reviewed and either Accepted or Revised go to the Party 2 tab. If the message was Rejected it would have had to be rewritten and re-submitted to the Review Specialist before being sent to the intend party.
2. In Messages tab select Party 2. There will be an orange icon that indicates it is their turn to reply. Click “Select” under “My Turn”.
3. You will then see “Message Details,” “Message Thread,” and “Message Response.” You can view the message from the other party under “Message Thread”. Under “Message Response” you will need to choose "Agreed”, “Noted”, "Other”, or “Proposal”. If you select “Other”, a text box will open under “Other” for you to provide a written comment. When you select “Submit” the comment will be placed in the Review Q. If you select either “Agreed” or “Noted” that reply will bypass the Review Q and be automatically entered in the Message Thread and sent to the intended recipient.
Submitting a Proposal
1. If you selected “Proposal” as a reply, click “Submit". From the Communication page, click “Proposal" (orange paper icon) and complete the proposal form.
2. Fill in the “Subject” and “Request” boxes with the appropriate proposal information. The proposal stops any further messages in that conversation thread and sends the proposal to the other parent. The other parent has the option to select “Agreed” or “Disagree/Comment”. The response will be then be sent back to the original parent for a reply (which can be “Agreed” or “Disagree/Comment”), then to the decision maker for a comment or decision.
3. The decision maker can see that the proposal is ready for a decision or ask a question/comment by clicking “Proposal” under the “Decision Request” header. Here you can view “Message Details”, “Message Thread”, “Proposal Thread”, and “Decision”, and “Decision Maker”. If you select Decision it will officially end the proposal thread, and the decision will be viewable by both parents. If you ask a question/comment, it will go to both parents for responses, and then back to the decision maker. At this point the decision maker can choose to ask another question or make a decision.
• To Review all Active and Archived Messages – Look under each “Active”, “Archive” or “All” listing categories found under the Messages tab. Each Message Thread is listed chronologically by Last Activity Date, from oldest to newest or newest to oldest, according to user selection
• Pending Reviews- Any pending review by a Civil Communicator Review Specialist will be so noted in the “Pending” heading in “Messages” table. The pending review will also be noted under the "My Activity Report" table. To view the pending review click "Select" under "Read Only" heading under "Messages", then click "Pending" under "Review Action" heading in the “Message Thread” table. If more than one reply is pending review, click “Select” under the “Read Only” on the message that corresponds to the correct “Msg ID”
• Message Details - To view Message Details click "Select" under the "Read Only" tab under "Messages". On the "Message Details" page all the pertinent data points of the original message are listed. Below that table is the "Message Thread" table, which lists date, author, and reviewed text of each entry in the message thread according to created date. In the far right-hand column under “Review Action” you can select the message or reply that you authored by clicking the action taken by the Civil Communicator Review Specialist. You will then be taken to the “Review Details” page where you can view the “Review Details”, “Message Details”, and “Message Thread”
• Review Action Report Table - This table is found on the bottom of each party’s screen and lists each message or reply you created and the results of its review (Accepted, Revised, Rejected). Your selection of Agreed or Noted will also be tallied here
• Archive / Clear DB- Archiving can be done manually by clicking "Select" under the "Archive" heading. Archiving removes the thread from active view but can still be viewed under the "Archive" tab under "Messages". Archiving a message does not affect the other party's message status. The thread can be reactivated again by selecting the thread and adding a new reply. "Clear DB" is only an option on the CC Demo and will permanently remove threads and notes from the database, including archived messages
• Supervisor Queue - In our normal review process, there is an option for a Civil Communicator Review Specialist to send the text to "Supervisor" level. We did not include this option in the demo